I’m in the up-to-my-eyeballs midst of a somewhat tedious project right now, so engaging in procrastination in the guise of motivation, I’m finally letting myself tune in to tunes of yule. And while this duet in this brilliant album will probably always remain my favorite, here are the top 12 seasonal sounds I’m playing on a loop this year in no particular order. Enjoy!
1. All I Want For Christmas Is You: Mariah Carey. Okay, I’ll admit it, Mariah isn’t all bad.
2. Sleigh Ride: Ella Fitzgerald. Mmm, can’t you just taste the gin?
3. What Christmas Means to Me: Hansen. Honestly, I hate my own guts that I love Hansen’s version of this song the very very most.
4. Winter Wonderland: Ray Charles. Yes. Perfect.
5. Hark the Herald Angels/Angels We Have Heard: Straight No Chaser. I love the poetry of the phrasing.
6. Oh Holy Night: Kelly Clarkson. Gorgeous.
7. All Is Well: Micheal W. Smith. Let there be peace.
8. Christmastime is Here: Tony Braxton. When I grow up, I want to be Tony B.
9. 8 Days of Christmas: Destiny’s Child. You go, Houston girls!
10. Christmas: Jon Bon Jovi. Come on, admit it, we all totally dig New Jersey.
11. Joy To the World: Whitney Houston. Crazy can sing.
12. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. Diana Krall. From my house, to yours.