This is a total Re-post of Christmas Past…but since most of my posts from July 2006 to July 2010 are Grinched Out/Jacked Up, I’m going to find my Happy Holidays place and push refresh on things not holly and/or jolly. See? Done. Christmas Power! Activate!
It’s December, y’all! Therefore it’s finally legal to tune in to tunes of yule. And while this duet in this brilliant album will probably always remain my favorite, here are the top 12 seasonal sounds I’m playing on a loop this year in no particular order. Enjoy! (And click on the titles of the songs to hear them. You won’t be disappointed.)
1. All I Want For Christmas Is You: Mariah Carey. Okay, I’ll admit it, Mariah isn’t all bad. (Just mostly)
2. Sleigh Ride: Ella Fitzgerald. Mmm, can’t you just taste the gin?
3. What Christmas Means to Me: Hansen. Honestly, I hate my own guts that I love Hansen’s version of this song the very very most.
4. Winter Wonderland: Ray Charles. Yes. Perfect.
5. Hark the Herald Angels/Angels We Have Heard: Straight No Chaser. I love the poetry of the phrasing.
6. Oh Holy Night: Kelly Clarkson. Gorgeous.
7. All Is Well: Micheal W. Smith. Let there be peace.
8. Christmastime is Here: Tony Braxton. When I grow up, I want to be Tony B.
9. 8 Days of Christmas: Destiny’s Child. You go, Houston!
10. Christmas: Jon Bon Jovi. Come on, admit it, we all totally dig New Jersey boys.
11. Joy To the World: Whitney Houston. Crazy can sing.
12. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. Diana Krall. From my house, to yours.