About six weeks ago, I posted my summer to do list (and Harry’s as well).
By my calculations, we are now half way through this 13 week/95 day vacation (Holy what? How are half way through something so long?), so I thought I’d give an update on how we’re doing.
1. Swim in the coldest river in Texas. (Check. Post to come.)
2. Go to the LBJ ranch. (Check. Post to come.)
3. Grow and can five different things. (Well. I’ve torn up my garden. And, as a result, my body is sore in places that I didn’t know existed. I’m sure this counts for something. Possibly. This one’s going to be tough.)
4. Make and master homemade bread. (Check. Post to come.)
6. Find an exercise I like and do it routinely. If only so I can guiltlessly eat the homemade bread. (Check. Sort of.)
7. Finish the kitchen.
8. Finish the front room of the house.
9. Get over my fear of sleeping outside.
10. Go on the Master Blaster 10 times with Harry. (Half way there)
So, okay. Not completely and totally awesome. Four down, six to go. And I already know, there’s one that I’m not going to be able to do (Hello, number nine.) And here’s Mr. Harry’s status update.
1. Go on the Master Blaster at Schlitterbahn 10 times. (Half way there.)
2. Go down a slide into sharks. (Not yet.)
3. Eat a lot of donuts. (Check.)
4. Get ready for the Olympics in swimming. I think this means go to the pool a lot. (Sure.)
5. Get ready for the Olympics in soccer. (For sure.)
6. Go to a Harlem Globetrotter clinic. And pull someone’s pants down. (Check. And check.)
7. Learn to ride a bike. (Not yet.)
8. Read some things. We’re going to do the Scholastic Summer Challenge. (Half way there. Post to come. I’ve found the trick to make this happen, and I’m not proud.)
9. Swim in the Atlantic Ocean. (Not yet.)
10. Learn to water ski. He asks…Can you water ski in the Atlantic Ocean and jump over sharks? (Working on it.)
So he’s a four out of six as well. And actually, I think there’s a much greater chance that he’ll dive into a pool of sharks than there is of me sleeping outside. That’s just math.
I’ve also posted these and I’m writing about them over at My Summer Resolutions on Go Mighty.
And, if you’re into making your own list of fun ideas for Summer, Team Mighty is giving away Camp Mighty tickets to members of the Go Mighty community. To be eligible, tag your summer plans and goals, and any stories about your progress, with #gosummer.
We have six more weeks to do this.
Let’s do this.