Today we visited Mont St Michel … the island monastery that’s been hopping since the 8th century AD. There are a few things you should know about this.
1. I’ve wanted to visit this spot since I was in 8th grade and read a story about the monks that were only partially connected to life in the mainland by a thin natural land bridge…which is covered at high tide and revealed at low tide. Cool. Very cool.
2. I didn’t realize this was so close to where we are at La Cressonnière / Gabby’s house.
3. When I found out it was so close, I freaked out.
4. We visited today, and now I can check it off my life list!
5. It was amazing. Really really amazing. Read more about it here.
6. We took 600 photos. A few of which I’ll share in a blog post in the next few days.
7. I want to return to this spot, spend the night, maybe even spend a week or two. For real. This is one of my places.
8. It is 1:30 am now and I’m going to sleep because tomorrow is Bastille Day, and we’re headed to Paris.