On a related note, we’re going to the beach this weekend. And people keep asking me for summer beach reading suggestions.
If my name were Paige Turner, this is what I’d recommend.
Light, fast-absorbing, quick coverage
- Tabloid Love by Bridget Harrison
- The Second Assistant by Clare Naylor and Mimi Hare
- Jemima J. by Jane Green
- Trading Up by Candace Bushnell
Easy to use and non-greasy
- Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
- The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
- Atonement by Ian McEwan
Broad-spectrum protection, deflects, scatters and absorbs
- 740 Park: The Story of the World’s Richest Apartment Building by Michael Gross
- Savage Beauty: The Life of Edna St. Vincent Millay by Nancy Milford
- Arthur and George by Julian Barnes
- Experience: A Memoir by Martin Amis
If you want more info on any of these, I recommend looking them up on Alibris. Because I’m way too lazy tonight to do links for each one. Sorry. I’m already checked out, deciding which sunscreen to use tomorrow.