I’m hoping to throw myself as hard as I can into this last weekend of Summer. And while I’m at it, I’m hoping that you do too.
I don’t have any big plans, except for the plan to find a large body of water and jump into it. Because it will be 105 here tomorrow, I’m pretty sure. It will for sure feel like it. But you aren’t scared. You’ll be at the beach, right?
Well, if you’re not at the beach, here are few things to consider:
2.Tomorrow is the last day of August, and therefore the last day to donate vaccines by commenting in the Shot @ Life Blogust Campaign. One comment = one vaccine. One share = one vaccine. One like = one vaccine. You get it. Catch up on all of the month’s posts, here. And as of now they’re about 15k away from the goal of 50k vaccines (and that needs to happen, like now). So GO! (You can comment multiple times on one post if you want, so you might consider that too.)
3. Red flag: Do not date Kim Jong-un. When you know better, you do better.
4. Tomorrow night, two of my friends Rebecca of Girls Gone Child and Morgan of The 818 will host a screening of Jill Soloway’s new film Afternoon Delight. (Afternoon Delight was written and directed by Soloway and won the Best Directing Award at Sundance.) The screening is LA…and if you’re anywhere near LA, you should totally go. You know you should. So go. Join them at The Landmark theatre on Pico/Westwood for a screening Saturday night. Writer/director Jill Solloway will be there to do a Q&A with Kathryn Hahn and it’s going to be rad and go. Go.
5. And here you go: Nine questions about Syria that you were too embarrassed to ask. Don’t be embarrassed.
6. I am reading The Astronaut Wives Club: A True Story this weekend. Has anyone read it? Don’t tell me what happens.
7. Also, listen to the The Rifles. In fact, buy their entire catalogue. You won’t be disappointed. Or, just wait until next week… I’m making the September soundtrack right now and basically every other song on it is from their latest album. I’m not even really exaggerating.
I think that about covers it, and now you’re caught up. So go ye therefore.
And have a great weekend!