For over a year now, Maggie and I have been working on our dream weekend event. An event that’s paired as a getaway and a growth spurt. Sort of like a grown-up version of summer camp…or like the summer camp of my imagination, with all the goodness and none of the garbage. Fun. Not lame.
We wanted it to be somewhere laid-back, interesting, and warm. We wanted it to include cool-trick learning and excellent music. And we wanted the overall event to be Instructional. Charitable. Fun. And the result is in: Camp Mighty it is.
Isn’t the site pretty? All the info is there, but if you’re a skimmer, here are some of the highlights:
- The weekend will be themed around the idea of getting good at life.
- The programming will be sparse, quality, and intentional…around setting and accomplishing life goals.
- There will be plenty of downtime.
- It will be held at the super rad Palm Springs Ace. We went to Palm Springs last week…I’d never been there before…and frankly, it was one of the most chilled out towns I’ve ever chilled in. (They serve boozey sno cones right to you in the gigantic pool, y’all. Happiness.)
- We will do a group service project for Charity Water. In the weeks before Camp Mighty, we’ll raise funds for a well to bring clean, safe drinking water to people in developing nations. Our hope is that we can start getting to know each other, while we use our collective talents to do something cool before we even meet.
- For the answers to many other questions you may have, go here.
Maggie explained it like this:
Announcing Camp Mighty, a co-ed conference for 150 creative types at the Ace Hotel Palm Springs this November. The concept is similar to the Mighty Summit, but with a few speakers, bigger parties, and more fun activities to help you cross a few things off your list. We’re also raising some funds for Charity Water as a team before the event begins. Please go read up, and then sign up. I can’t wait to see you there.
The event will reflect the environment. Inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational motivational, low key, fun, and totally chillaxed. That’s right, I used the word chillaxed. On purpose.
It’s going to be good.