…And because I love you all so…
The Watermelon Smackdown begins now.
The Celebrated and Coveted Watermelon Gazpacho Recipe
* 1 Seedless Watermelon, dice small
* 4 Cucumbers, seeded, dice small
* 4 Celery stalks, dice small
* 2 Red Peppers, dice small
* 2 Yellow Bell Peppers, dice small
* 1 Red Onion, dice small
* 1 Bunch Green Onion, sliced
* 3-6 Tbs Fresh Lime Juice (The word fresh is beyond key. And the amount you should put in depends on how much you likey the lime. I put in enough to make mimes pucker-faced.)
*1/3 cup Fresh Mint, finely chopped (Please also adjust to taste)
*3 oz EVOO (That would be extra-virgin olive oil)
*2 Tbs Red Wine Vinegar
*2 Tbs Cayenne Pepper
*2 oz Cumin
(I also throw in spashes of Tabasco sauce, but that’s just me.)
Mix all ingredients in food processor or blender and chill for two or more hours before serving.
Remember that you are having fun and trying to make something that tastes good; and so therefore feel free to throw in anything else you think might taste nice. If it works out for you, changes the recipe and/or your life, you better let me know about it.
Recipe courtesy of me and (Catering to) Your Every Whim.