Not so into commenting on blogs?
Believe me, I understand. It’s a slippery slope. But to help you help celebrate this incredibly important holiday (I think it’s right up there with Talk Like a Pirate Day, which is HUGE around here), I’ve come up with some ideas for you. Plus, you could totally win something. (Keep reading.)
Don’t know what to say?
Do what Sweetney suggested. Reveal the best movie you saw in 2006. Or the best book you read. Or the best music you purchased. Or the best grand scheme you plotted. Or something.
Or, here’s another idea. The other day, Kim asked me to share six weird things about myself. I said, okay. Here’s my list.
Six weird things about me.
1. When I was little, I thought there was a good chance I could grow up to be a Martian.
2. I often concoct random and inaccurate stories to answer personal questions asked by strangers on planes.
3. Cats completely freak me out.
4. Frozen food sections at grocery stores make me sneeze.
5. I literally cannot say no to any kid selling something. So I sometimes do crazy things to avoid Girl Scouts.
6. I know the words to Elvis songs that I didn’t know existed (as proven by a stint in the ICU, when I was knocked out, borderline unconscious, yet singing the correct lyrics to random Elvis songs.) (My first concert: Elvis. I was 4.)
So, there you go. And by all means, feel free to share your favorite weird thing(s) about yourself. I mean if you can’t tell us, well then, who is it that cares? Really.
Still not interested?
Well, I just realized, I’ve been Quesoing now for six months. A six month celebration of cheese. And to thank you for lurking, reading, commenting, telling your friends and quesoing right along with me, I give you the chance to win some Darlybird.
Just comment with a name, any name, it doesn’t even have to be your own name, and the Hurricane will pick a random winner to win this dandy Stationery Folio from Darlybird. Celebrating six months of the writing, the comments, the smorgasbord, and the party that is the Queso.
*Photos from Shutterstock and Darlybird.